Selected grade structural balsa
BALTEK® SB is balsa wood from controlled cultivation cut perpendicular to the grain direction. Balsa is a universal core material due to excellent styrene and chemical resistance, as well as neutral behavior in terms of temperature fluctuations. Balsa can be processed with all known resin systems and processes and has excellent laminate adhesion properties.
BALTEK® SB is an ideal, sustainable core material made from renewable resources with a very broad range of use.
- Extremely high specific stiffness and strength
- Excellent fire behavior
- Ecological product
- Full traceability and highest-quality wood due to stringent process control
- Very broad operating temperature range from -212°C to +163°C
- Excellent fatigue resistance and impact resistance
- Excellent sound absorption and thermal insulation
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Ship and boat construction: hull, decks, bulkheads, superstructures
- Wind farms: rotor blade shells and webs
- Automotive and rail: floor, side and roof panels, front and side covering
- Aerospace: floor plates, bulkheads and structural parts of sport aircrafts
- Military applications: naval boats, containers, transport pallets, shelters
- Industrial components: covers, sports equipment, tanks, mold construction
- Vacuum infusion
- Hand lamination / spray lay-up
- Prepreg processing (up to 180°C)
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
FSC®-certified selected grade structural balsa
Advantages: extreme strength and stiffness, FSC®-certified balsa, global availability, best cost-property ratio, optimized for vacuum infusion processes, excellent impact resistance and fatigue properties.