Universal structural PVC foam
AIREX® C70 is a closed-cell, cross-linked rigid foam with excellent rigidity and a great stiffness to weight ratio. It is highly durable, has a low water absorption rate and excellent chemical resistance. It can be processed with all commonly used resin systems and processes. The fine cell structure supports excellent adhesion of face sheets.
AIREX® C70 is the ideal core material for many lightweight sandwich structures subjected to dynamic or static loads.
- High rigidity and stiffness with low weight
- Excellent impact resistance
- Low resin absorption
- Good fatigue resistance
- Advantageous fire behavior, self-extinguishing
- Excellent sound absorption and thermal insulation
- Excellent styrene compatibility
- Ship and boat construction: hulls, decks, bulkheads, superstructures, interior fittings
- Rail and automotive: floor and ceiling components, doors, interior fittings, partition walls, side skirts, fronts
- Wind farms: turbine blades, covers, generator casings
- Aerospace: fuselage and wing components for sport aircrafts, trolleys, interiors, radomes
- Leisure and sports: surfboards, snowboards, wakeboards, ski, kayaks, canoes
- Industrial: tools, tanks, pipes, containers, covers
- Hand lamination / spray lay-up
- Vacuum infusion
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
- Prepreg processing (up to 80°C, 176°F)
Temperature-resistant structural foam
Advantages: especially lightweight with excellent strength-to-weight ratio.