Fiber-reinforced structural foam
AIREX® PXc is a closed-cell, fiber-reinforced urethane foam with special formulation that offers significant advantages in comparison to conventional sandwich core materials. A special manufacturing process is used to distribute continuous fiberglass filaments evenly in the foam. This creates a very smooth product with excellent compressive and shearing properties. The foam is dimensionally stable, shows low water absorption and is resistant to chemicals and high temperatures.
AIREX® PXc is an ideal core material for sandwich elements subjected to high stress loads or as a substitute for wood and plywood.
- Excellent shear and compression properties
- Replacement for wood and plywood
- Excellent screw pullout strength
- High temperature resistance
- Compatible with a broad range of resins and adhesives
- Dimensionally stable
- High styrene resistance
- Very low water absorption
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Ship and boat construction: transom, bulkhead, stringers, engine bases, floors, cover panels, local reinforcements, tools and molds
- Rail and automotive: floors, sidewalls, roofs, motor covers, cover panels
- Industry: covers, containers, tanks, vessels, tools and molds, reinforcements, construction signs, sporting equipment
- Lamination processes (hand / spray)
- Resin infusion / injection (VARTM / RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
- Prepreg processing
- Molding processes (GMT, SMC)
Fiber-reinforced sheet of structural foam
Advantages: six-glass reinforced urethane panel.