Easy to process structural PET foam
AIREX® T92 is a thermoplastic structural rigid foam. AIREX® T92 is a foam core material with closed cells, highly suitable for lamination using all types of resins and processes. The AIREX® T92 manufacturing process results in a structural core material with very consistent properties. Shear strain/damage tolerance is greatly improved and allows utilization in most structural sandwich constructions. T92 is very easy to process mechanically, can be thermoformed and is highly heat resistant.
The foam is ideal for use with various prepreg systems at higher temperatures. It is very chemically stable, does not absorb water and shows no post-expansion. AIREX® T92 features an excellent resin uptake, which can be further reduced in combination with our SealX technology, setting totally new standards in weight resin savings and costs.
- Very easy processing with all resins and lamination processes
- Very high processing temperature up to 150°C
- Excellent fatigue resistance
- Good compressive and shear properties
- Very deep diffusion of mechanical values
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent long-term thermostability up to 100°C
- No water absorption
- No expansion
- No outgassing
- Recycled and recyclable material
- Wind farms: turbine blades, shear webs, shells, and gondolas
- Ship and boat construction: hulls, decks, superstructures, stern, bulkheads, frames
- Industrial components: covers, containers, local reinforcements, x-ray tables, sporting equipment
- Transportation: Truck body parts, floors.
- Hand lamination / spray lay-up
- Vacuum infusion
- Resin infusion / injection (VARTM / RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
- Prepreg processing
- Molding processes (GMT, SMC)
Easy to process FST structural foam
Advantages: lightweight, fire resistant, structural strength, good insulation, easy shaping, recyclable.
Premium structural PET foam core
Advantages: lightweight, directional properties, cell homogeneity, structural strength, good insulation, easy shaping, recyclable.