Temperature-resistant structural foam
AIREX® C71 is a closed-cell, cross-linked rigid foam with high temperature resistance, excellent rigidity and a great stiffness to weight ratio. It is highly durable, has a low water absorption rate and excellent chemical resistance. It can be processed with all commonly used resin systems and processes. The fine cell structure supports excellent adhesion of face sheets.
AIREX® C71 is the ideal core material for lightweight sandwich structures for dynamic or static loads subjected to increased temperatures.
- Improved rigidity and stiffness at increased temperature
- Low resin absorption (fine cell structure)
- Excellent impact resistance
- Good fatigue resistance
- Advantageous fire behavior (self-extinguishing)
- Excellent sound absorption and thermal insulation
- Excellent styrene compatibility
- Wind farms: turbine blades, covers, generator casings
- Rail and automotive: floor and ceiling components, doors, interior fittings, partition walls, side skirts, fronts
- Ship and boat construction: hulls, decks, bulkheads, superstructures, engine covers
- Aerospace: interior fittings, radomes, kitchen trolleys, fuselage and wing components for sport aircrafts
- Leisure and sports: skis, snowboards, wakeboards, canoes, kayaks
- Industrial components: tools, tanks, pipes, containers, covers
- Hand lamination / spray lay-up
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
- Prepreg processing (up to 140°C, 285°F)
- Vacuum infusion
Universal structural PVC foam
Advantages: best strength-to-weight ratio.