Premium structural PET foam core
AIREX® T10 is a closed-cell, thermoplastic and recyclable polymer foam. AIREX® T10 is a foam core material with a very homogeneous cell structure, high mechanical properties and an outstanding price / performance ratio. AIREX® T10 PET foam core material has extraordinary resistance to fatigue, is chemically stable and has negligible water absorption. It is thermally stable during high temperature processing and post curing.
AIREX® T10 foam core is designed for easy use with all resin systems and processing technologies. AIREX® T10 composite core material is ideally suited for high volume applications of lightweight sandwich structures subjected to static and dynamic loads and/or exposed to elevated temperatures during manufacturing.
- Very high compression and shear properties
- Outstanding fatigue strength
- Fully homogeneous cell structure; absence of weld lines; perfect surface quality
- Extremely consistent density throughout the sheet
- Easy to process with all types of resins and lamination processes
- High process temperature up to 150°C (short peaks up to 180°C)
- Good adhesion: skin-to-core bond
- Excellent long term thermal stability, up to 100°C (212°F)
- No water absorption
- Highly consistent material properties
- Comprehensive material traceability: machine-readable batch information on each foam sheet
- Recycled and recyclable material
- Automotive: structural and semi-structural interior and exterior parts of cars, sidewalls, floors, truck skirts/covers
- Wind farms: blades – shear webs & shells, nacelles
- Marine: hulls, decks, superstructures, bulkheads, stringers, interiors
- lndustry: covers, containers, X-ray tables, sporting equipment
- Contact molding (hand/spray)
- Vacuum infusion (VARTM)
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
- Prepreg processing
- Compression molding (GMT, SMC)
Easy to process FST structural foam
Advantages: lightweight, fire resistant, structural strength, good insulation, easy shaping, recyclable.
Easy to process structural PET foam
Advantages: lightweight, structural strength, good insulation, easy shaping, water resistant, best-in-class resin uptake, especially with SealX, recyclable.