Industrialized structural PET foam core
AIREX® T10 is a closed-cell, thermoplastic and recyclable polymer foam with a very homogeneous cell structure, high mechanical properties and an outstanding price / performance ratio. It has extraordinary resistance to fatigue, is chemically stable, UV-resistant and has negligible water absorption. It is thermally stable during high temperature processing and post curing without showing after-expansion or out-gassing.
AIREX® T10 is designed for easy use with all resin systems and processing technologies. T10 is ideally suited for high volume applications of lightweight sandwich structures subjected to static and dynamic loads and/or exposed to elevated temperatures during manufacturing.
- Very high compression and shear properties
- Outstanding fatigue strength
- Fully homogeneous cell structure; absence of weld lines; perfect surface quality
- Extremely consistent density throughout the sheet
- Easy to process with all types of resins and lamination processes
- High process temperature up to 150°C (short peaks up to 180°C)
- Good adhesion: skin-to-core bond
- Excellent long term thermal stability, up to 100°C (212°F)
- No water absorption, after-expansion or out-gassing
- Highly consistent material properties
- Comprehensive material traceability: machine-readable batch information on each foam sheet
- Recycled and recyclable material
- Automotive: structural and semi-structural interior and exterior parts of cars, sidewalls, floors, truck skirts/covers
- Wind farms: blades – shear webs & shells, nacelles
- Marine: hulls, decks, superstructures, bulkheads, stringers, interiors
- lndustry: covers, containers, X-ray tables, sporting equipment
- Contact molding (hand/spray)
- Vacuum infusion (VARTM)
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
- Prepreg processing
- Compression molding (GMT, SMC)
Easy to process FST structural foam
Advantages: lightweight, fire resistant, structural strength, good insulation, easy shaping, recyclable.
Easy to process structural PET foam
Advantages: lightweight, structural strength, good insulation, easy shaping, water resistant, best-in-class resin uptake, especially with SealX, recyclable.